Sunday, August 2, 2009

Throw away the key...

So, on my run today I listened to a podcast... can you believe that?  I know, crazy.  It was so amazing.  It was on the battlefield of your mind.  As I was running, I just kept thinking about what exactly it is that we are supposed to do with these 'thoughts'.  God gave me a picture of taking the thought (as if you could hold it) and throwing it into a jail cell.  Little does that thought know that his cell mate is Jesus.  ha ha ha ha.  Good luck with that one.  THEN, you get to throw away the key.  How comforting is that?  For we all know that the first of our battles start in our minds.  I also was reminded that God gave us 3 of the strongest weapons know to mankind...  1. the NAME of Jesus.  2.  the BLOOD of Jesus.  3.  the WORD of God.  You cannot lose when you equip yourself with these three things.  If you replace negative thoughts with truth, it squeezes out anything that is not of God.   For we know that the weapons we fight with  are not weapons of this world.  On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive EVERY thought and make it obedient to Christ.   Love you all.  

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog Taryn. I think about you a lot and I know I don't even exactly know you -- but I feel like I know you better than I do. Soooo, I really just wanted to say - I feel your struggle. I'm there too and I love seeing you fight the fight and you actually have no idea what an encourgement you are to me! So, keep fighting, keep pursuing God.

    ReplyDelete