Tuesday, August 25, 2009

AAA

Got a 7 miler in today.  Felt awesome!  God is helping me sooo much in strength and endurance through this whole process!  I pray everyday for supernatural strength to match the task He has set before me, and He is faithful ALL the time!  So, on my run today, I got a clearer picture of my calling to this thing called life. But, in all reality, it's really ALL our calling.  God used 3 words to make it simple for me and they all start with the letter A...
Simple truth for simple minds... here we go!
First off, we are called to be Christ's ambassadors!  Ephesians 6:20.  This term is described as a diplomatic official serving the HIGHEST rank!  Sent by one sovereign or state to another as it's representative.  If you wear the name Christ, you are an ambassador!  Which means you need to r-e-p-r-e-s-e-n-t!  Go to bat for Him.  Stand up for Him.  Make clear His message to others.  
Second, we are to be advocates for the unbeliever.  Listen, I know what it's like to be lied to. lied to in the most awful way.  I now have an understanding of how unbelievers feel about the church!  They have been lied to!  They have been told that they would be clothed, fed, taken care of, LOVED!  We have failed them!  We need to be an advocate in a way that says, "Hey, I am not going to tell you I love you and wish the best for you, I am going to SHOW you!"  
Thirdly, we are to be Army recruiters!  This one is for the believer!  We need to constantly remind one another that we are in battle whether we acknowledge it or not!  Look at your friend or spouse and say, "It's time to put your armor on, man!"  If we even think we can walk out of our bedroom in the morning without putting it on, we are in for a massacre... (some days are worse than others...)
So, in  my on-going running summary, God imparted the wisdom of being ambassadors, advocates, and army recruiters!  Go gettum team!  On 3... BREAK!  love you - T

2 comments:

  1. Taryn you are so right on! Thank you for this wonderful blog! You know, I was thinking about what you said about us not SHOWING the love of Jesus to the unbelievers. I can't tell you how many times I've heard it said that one doesn't go to church because they have been harmed when they did try to go! Ouch! This used to aggravate me because I thought of it as a copout. How selfish of me to think so! The fact is that when an unbeliever comes to the church it's because something is missing in his/her life. That something is love... in one sort or another! If they come and we fail to show them that, even if it's with a simple smile or hello and they don't come back... is God not going to ask us why it was so hard for us to take just a moment or two to show them the love Jesus sacrificed Himself for???? SACRIFICED Himself! Seriously, are our lives that important that we can't lay them down for Him... isn't His life WAY more important than ours???? He did lay His down for us! It is time to stand up and FIGHT OR DIE for our sweet love... JESUS CHRIST! Thank you Father for your continued grace and Holy Spirit for your ever convicting love! Jesus, thank you for the sacrifice you made for us and I pray that we as a body... Your body... will put aside our worldly cares for your cause! Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad my friend directed me to your blog. Your words are such a great encouragement and your life is an INCREDIBLE testimony of God's faithfulness. Thank you so much for not keeping quiet!

    ReplyDelete