Tuesday, August 18, 2009

More than conquerors!

I often like to refer to myself as Shera or Xenia (princess warrior)...  
Why?  Because the bible says this of me.  It says the same to you.  Read Romans 8.  Suffering does not separate us from Christ but actually carries us along toward our ultimate goal.  Suffering has ALWAYS been a part of God's people.  But, we know that God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.  If He is for us who can be against us?
We are warriors for Christ because we HAVE to be!!!  We HAVE to fight!  Why do you think He has had to equip us with Army gear? Belt (of truth), Breastplate (of righteousness), Shield (of faith), Helmet (of salvation), and the Sword (of the spirit).  We are to extinguish all flaming arrows that the evil one tries to throw at us.  So, whatever you have to refer to yourself as, so be it... mine just happens to be Xenia, princess warrior.  He makes us conquerors through His love for us.  So, with believing, this, we can be absolutely convinced that neither life nor death, neither angles or demons, neither the present not the future, nor any powers, neither height or depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus the Lord.  satan can throw all the arrows he wants, but it's NOT going to work!  My God is too mighty and I'm not about to lay down and give up!  
I run because it represents my drive to fight.  I love the future women residents of the Refuge because Christ first loved me.  I am pressing on towards the goal to win the prize and I'm not about to look down or behind and I'm not about to lay down.  I am shouting my battle cry... "HE  ISSSSSS   AAAAABBBLLLLLEEEEE!"  LOVE YOU ALL - your fellow warrior in Christ.  

1 comment: