Monday, August 10, 2009

Prepare the way

Hello!  I hope you all are well.  todays' thoughts are taken from Isaiah 35.  My last long run was on saturday morning.  IT WAS HORRIBLE.  It was hot.  i was sick.  and this is not a good combination.  But, I persevered.  I listened to a really cool song called Glory Revealed by Candi Pearson.  Such a great song.  Look it up if you get a chance.  Anyway,  it's full-on scripture, which I love!  I wish I had the talent to put scripture to song, but I will leave that one to the professionals!  The chorus says: "Every valley will be raised.  Every mountain be made low.  And our ground it will be level. And the rough places smooth.  And then we will see the glory of the Lord.  All eyes will see the glory of the Lord."  This is all talking about preparation.  We need to be making ourselves READY!  A friend of mine recently told me of his plan to "make himself ready"  for his future wife.  I thought this was so cool.  He is purifying himself by getting rid of the junk in his life that takes his focus off of Jesus.  He is preparing his body to be physically fit so that he is found pleasing to her.  He is getting rid of his debt to enter in to a debt-free marriage.  He is keeping his eye on the prize...  The interesting thing is that he doesn't even know her!!!  He has never seen her!!!  wow.  we all have a lesson to learn from this.  
    We have not physically seen Jesus, but we need to be making ourselves ready for that glorious wedding day.  We need to ready our hearts, minds, souls.  How do we do this, you ask?  By throwing off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles!  We need to replace the filth in our minds with God's truth.  We need to fill our hearts with God's love so that what comes out of our mouths is only a replica of Him.  We need to put into action what it is that He is calling us to do!  Just DO THE THANG, as one of my best friends puts it.  
Love you all.  Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment