Thursday, January 7, 2010

waste of time

As we go through rough times and trials it requires a lot of time of devotion to prayer and mental processing.  Which is all good.  I think God wants us to 'wrestle' with stuff and not take anything lightly.  BUT, I was convicted today about the time I spend thinking about me and my little 'ole life.  I realized today that the things that are keeping me up at night and the things that make me cry  or the things that consume my mind are really at times, very selfish things.  I mean, read Ecclesiastes... wow.  Our life is so short...like a vapor.  In an instant I am going to be looking my Maker in the face and He is going to ask me how I spent my time down here on this earth!  I want to be able to give Him a good answer.
I mean, shouldn't sex-trafficing keep me up at night?  shouldn't little boys made to kill their parents and join an army cause me to weep in my bed?  What about the women in my community that are in chains and bondage of the strip club industry.  Why do I cry at my petty little stuff and not weep at them????  this is really disturbing me tonight.  I am too worried about my little ole self.  I need to be interceeding for the lost, the broken, the hurting, the less-fortunate...  Why do I do this?  Why do we all do this?  Lord, forgive me.  This is the first week of training for the Lexington Half- marathon.  It is MArch 28th.  I already have 42 people signed up to run in my running group "running for the refuge"!  praise God.  I pray that we can pull together and make a huge impact on this ministry.  Let me know if you want to be a part of a revelutionary movement.  Love you all!

1 comment: