Thursday, January 14, 2010

Darkness and light

So, my daughter actually slept in the other morning and so, I was able to get up before her and start my rituals in the bathroom.  She came in at one point squinting because the brightness of the light was too much for her sleepy eyes.  She said, "Too bright mommy, too bright!"  It got me thinking...
I have been thinking a lot lately about rejection.  We all have been rejected at one time or another and it hurts really bad.  Its just part of life, I guess.  But, I think I've come to a conclusion about a certain type of rejection.  It's between darkness and light.  You know that the two can't co-exist.  One can't be in the presence of the other. One rejects the other... I have watched people who are not really walking with the Lord get irritated or frustrated with the people in their life that love them the most. They regect them I KNOW... I have been there!  When I was in college, I wasn't actively walking with the Lord. I lived with my sister  WHO WAS.  She got on my nerves a lot.  It was because my flesh was battling with her spirit.  I rolled my eyes at her all the time.  But, it was because she was speaking truth to me and I just didn't want to hear it.
 When I see this going on now, I totally get why!!!!  It's because we are so freaking stubborn, selfish, and completely living out of our flesh.  This only leads to poor decisions, hurts, and regrets.
This gives me such perspective when I try to figure out why people would want to hurt me.  Or why people hurt people in general.... It's the darkness and light thing.  Our flesh cannot co-exist with the Spirit of God.  That's why we HAVE to die to ourselves everyday so that our flesh won't get the better of us and hurt people in the process.  So, if you are going to get mad, get mad at the enemy.  He is the master-mind behind all of this.  he's behind all the pain, hurt, misery, and  addictions.  And remember wounded people wound people.  Love you all.  Have a good night!

1 comment:

  1. Taryn, you are so right! I've also come to realize that things that seem so HUGE at the time are really nothing much at all when we look at the brilliance that is our Father. That is the deception that the enemy... the snake... satan... would have us believe that it is just that big. The only thing that should be so huge to us is the will of God for each and every one of our lives. It is hard when you have a big heart to get hurt but it really helps to get right into the presence of God and seek out his will. There really is no better comforter! Taryn, thank you so much for your great posts and never never never let "the stupid enemy" keep you from it!

    Henry

    ReplyDelete