Monday, November 9, 2009

people pleasing

Why is it that we sometimes say, "Well, I'm just a people pleaser."????  I guess I/we don't realize that we are completely speaking that over ourselves.  I mean, we say it as if it's the absolute truth. Why can't we just stop and say, "I am no longer a people pleaser?" Just stop!  Quit saying you want to stop and you ought to stop... Just STOP.  It will bring an unbelievable amount of peace to your life.   Ultimately we are to please God.   If we are concerned with pleasing God first, just as Jesus was while on this earth, then everything/everyone else takes the back seat.  And besides, it's an impossible task to please all men!  It's quite exhausting.  Think about this, when we occasionally DO please man, we are not servants of God.  (Galatians 1:10)  We can't please both.  If we are in tune and in step with the Holy Spirit at all times, trying to please Him and only Him, we will have so much peace, we won't know what to do with it.

WEll, I am done with training.  It's kind of sad, really.  It's kind of like your wedding day.  You prepare for soooo long and it's all you talk about for quite some time, then, BOOM it's done!  This happens to me every time.  So, I am ready to take on the next assignment God has for me.  He's so good at that.  He equips you for the unknown and then makes known what it is that you are to do.  It's so much fun isn't it?  It's like an adventure everyday!!!  And people say living the life of a Christian is boring!  WHAT??? please...  It's like constantly watching a broadway show, but BETTER.  Or a really amazing movie, but BETTER!  I would never trade this in!  well, love you all.  have a great week!  T

No comments:

Post a Comment