Thursday, November 19, 2009

forgiveness

I think that I am just beginning to crack the smallest bit of shell when it comes to forgiveness.  I was recently reading in ephesians about this very subject.  It says to forgive just as Christ forgives.  Well.... what in the heck does that mean?  I am nowhere near Christ's ability to forgive!!!!!  But, Christ living in me does, thank goodness.  When you think about how He forgives, how exactly does that work?  Well, He forgives quickly and completely.  what's quickly?  a day?  a week?  a year?  is it a process?  I think it can be all the above!  AT least, I hope so.  Completely... what does that mean?  It means all of it.  ALL of the hurt.  All of the pain caused.  Forgiven.
I have been struggling with forgiving the ones who have hurt me so deeply.  IT IS SOOOO HARD.  I beg God to help me forgive.  Most days I just have to say it in Jesus' name.  I cannot do it through mine.  But, in order for me to move on with my life in a 'whole' way, I must strive for this.  I feel as though I need to write a letter, but as of now, Thursday night, Nov 19th, I'm not ready.  Please forgive me Lord ad give me the strength to do what needs to be done.  Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment