Friday, July 3, 2009

Running on the farm

Well, I am in the second week of my 18-week training.  My marathon is October 25th in Washington, DC.  I am feeling pretty strong so far.  I really worked hard at my pre-training this time around.  This will be my 3rd marathon, but the first one that I will have done by myself.  Last night I ran through my parent's lane back to the woods and it was so peaceful.  It's one of my best ways of clearing my head and really hearing what the Lord wants to tell me or reveal to me. I would recommend this to anyone!!!  When I start to feel tired, I just picture the women that I am running for and it's easy to keep going.  I am running for THEM!  Please pray that I continue to get all my strength from the Lord and not rely on my own...Pray that I will forget what is behind me and strain towards what is ahead. Everyday I am trying to press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me.  HEAVENWARD IN CHRIST JESUS!  love you all!   

1 comment:

  1. Hey Taryn! I don't know if you remember me or not, but I babysat Taytum once before I moved to Nashville! I would love to run a marathon with you one day to raise money for women! How do I get involved?

    Miss you! Praying for you!

    Rachel (matheisrachel@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete