Monday, April 12, 2010

My life on paper.

So, lately, I have been thinking about what it means to be rich.  I guess you could have all kinds of views on it.  But, for me, it's pretty simple.  I recently did an exercise that helped me really look at my life...
I put it on paper.
1. I have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.  (this alone makes me rich beyond measure)
2.  I deeply love people and I am deeply loved by people.
3.  I know, really KNOW, a small community of people and I am known, really KNOWN by  these same people.
4.  I have a beautiful and amazing daughter.
5.  I love what I get to do for a living.
6.  I own a car, have a roof over my head, and as far back as I can remember, I have never had to skip a meal due to lack of resources.

When I reflect on all of these things, I can't help but smile and know that God has given me all of this! There is a huge portion of the world who have never even heard of Jesus Christ, let alone have a relationship with Him.  Many people walk around never truly feeling loved or known by ANYONE!  think about that.  All of us who have family or close friends are VERY blessed and should never take it for granted.
I have many people in my little life alone who cannot or have not been able to have children.  How did I get so blessed???  and coupled with that, many people who desperately want to be married but have never found the one to capture their heart, are still waiting to be married.   I have had the opportunity to do both.  WOW!  WHY?
Almost daily I hear of people complain about their job.  Why is it that God blessed me with a job that I absolutely love?  I get to minister to people and be able to provide for my family with it???  seriously?  Only God could have set this up for me.
I could go on and on about how we as Americans are the richest people on the planet earth.  Most people in the world will never own a car.  Many people in the world have to go days before they are able to eat.
It would be a travesty for me to look at my life on paper and think, "Whoa is me."  NOw, many would argue that I would be valid in that mentality because of what's happened to me, but I will fight that mentality until the day I die.  That is called our flesh and it needs to be put to death everyday.  Christ died to give me life and that is what I am celebrating today... an abundant life!  God bless.
(and for those of you who did not hear how much we raised at our last race for running for the refuge... we raised a little over $5,000!  Praise God!)

No comments:

Post a Comment