Sunday, February 14, 2010

counterfeit lying next to me?

As I was running this morning I listened to one of my favorite songs... Can I Lie Here.  Here are the lyrics:
Can I lie here in Your arms
Can I lie here in Your arms
My only calm is You
Save me

Can I lie here in Your arms
Can I lie here in Your arms
My only thought is You
Save me

Can I lie here in Your arms
Can I lie here in Your arms
My happiness is You
Save me

Oh how lovely this place
To be with You
To be with You

Oh the brightness of Your face
Here with You
Here with You

Oh my only calm is You
Oh my only thought is You
Oh my happiness is You
Oh my happiness is You

To be with You
To be with You
Save me



I started thinking to myself... Could I literally lie here in my bed with just me and Jesus for the rest of my life?  Do I really believe what I read and sing?  Is He my only calm?  Is He my happiness?  Are my thoughts on Him and not a bunch of other men?  Do I believe only He can save me?  Do I even believe that He is here with me in my loneliest times?  I HAVE to, in faith, believe the answer is yes to all those questions.  And when I say yes, I feel peace wash over me.  
I don't want counterfeit lying next to me.  EVER.  I have tasted that and it is toxic.  None of this comes real easy for me, but, I DO know this... it's worth it.  Whew!  the things I think of when I am running...

1 comment:

  1. I love you Taryn. Each time you cross my path you remind me what life is really about.

    ReplyDelete